Iowa, Part 1.

10:42 AM

    This will have to be brief, because of three reasons.  1. Smoothie was spilled on our keyboard, making it difficult to type.  2. Jocelyn is sleeping and nap time is precious time! 3. The last time I had a long post all ready to go, it disappeared, and I have not yet forgiven blogger. 

   Nevertheless, I will try and post because "blog material" has been stacking up in my head for days, and it. Needs. Out.  I have Iowa pictures yet to do, Jocelyn's 6-month old post, (which is now a month late) and about an entire series worth on 1 Corinthians.  Sigh.  Sometimes I wonder if I should just cancel my blog and keep a journal.  I love to write, but when I have a blog I save my writing for that, and then I don't journal. And so when I get to busy to blog, I don't write at all.  And since it's a blog, and all the cool blogs have lots of pictures, I feel I need to do that, and so that takes up time and so I write even less.  And then there's facebook which eats time too, and then....o.k. so I guess it's not my blog's fault at all, I just need a little time management. 

   Moving on, the Iowa trip.  It was filled with time spent with family and friends, and so I will post about each in due time.  This one will be about F-A-M-I-L-Y.

 Jocelyn's first taste of food! (I know, I know, it shouldn't be watermelon:p)
 Deep-fried chicken!
 Classic Graber: Simultaneous conversations.
 "Oh yours is funnier, I think I'll listen to you now!"






 Caught these girls in the basement playing "funeral".

 Jocelyn with Aunt Jana, the writer.
 First taste of peaches!


 Oldest to youngest! (Shannon, me, Shawn, Shelby, Shane, Sheryl, Shaylon)





 Birthday boy




 "Ahh, Grandma loves me."





 
    Sorry, I know I'm not elaborating on the photos with captions, but I just don't have the time. Another week maybe, but not this one!  Tonight we are looking at a house (pray for us!) and going to Konrad's to celebrate Elissa's birthday.  Tomorrow night I practice singing for Praise and worship.  Thursday and Friday we are camping.  Saturday is a wedding. Sunday is the church picnic which I have to take a hot and cold dish to, and I'm having a mini panic attack because a past church potluck dish was a disaster and o.k. let's be honest I always have mini panic attacks about making food for events, it's just not my forte, I wish I could help in some other way, and I realize this is the longest run-on sentence ever but I don't care and Jocelyn just woke up, so this is me, signing off!

Have a good Tuesday folks!  Ours is cold and rainy and it's July 12.  Can't do much worse than that. :p

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love the pictures. She is a dolly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the post--and the pictures--but I disagree your statement:

    "...and all the cool blogs have lots of pictures..."

    I will be happy to give examples if you wish.

    Byran

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun reading your posts on your trip & esp. seeing pictures of your family! thank you for taking the time to post!!! - Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved post & pictures. Someday my dream will come true. I will be drinking garden tea in the shade, the season will be summer, and I Will be reading your first encouraging book. Maybe aimed toward mothers of small children. Missing you's!! Mom

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images