9:56 AM

Well folks, we're leaving today so this may be the last time I write for a while. I have been sorely slacking in my previous ambitions to post every day. Ha. I think I should set more feasible goals. Anyway, for those that don't know, we are traveling to my hometown of Kalona, Iowa for the prestigious occasion of a one Shelby Graber's high school graduation. Also to....catch up with family, play games, see friends, hug, share secrets, giggle, hopefully watch a recording of the Robin Hood production I missed, and many other delightful things. Who knows what the next few days will hold. I just know that I will be in Iowa, so it's good enough for me.

Not to mention the fact that I will get 5, delicious, work-free days to have my husband all to myself, while just enjoying ourselves and relaxing. This is my advice to all peoples who may find themselves living in a place other than the place they were born...any excuse you get to visit home, TAKE IT! It usually comes at a time when you need a vacation anyway, you just don't know it yet.:) And by the time the leaving date arrives, you find yourself greatly anticipating it, and wondering why you didn't do it sooner. Whereas if you had chosen to NOT go, you wouldn't even know what you were missing. Now wouldn't that be sad?
(There is one exception to this philosophy and that would be 4 or more children that make the cost of plane tickets a sizable sum!)

Anyway, I really should be making good use of my time today, so I will sign off. But not before some pictures of some of the lovely people I will be seeing soon....




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images