Birthday boy.

2:09 PM

   So 30 years ago today, one very special lady was going into labor to deliver one very special guy...........


   And we are all so glad that she did!  If she hadn't......well then who knows where all of us would be, really?  I mean, I sure wouldn't be living in the wild west, and the world would not have the privilege of knowing a Jocelyn Kate and a Charlotte Lydia and well, Randy either for that matter. And what a sad world that would be!


   It is said that "there is no one else on earth like you", and while I have always thought that quite cliche, when it comes to Randy, it certainly holds true.  I have never in my 28 years of life ever met anyone else like him.  He is just so genuine.  So authentic.  Don't get me wrong, he's not perfect, but who wants perfection?!  Not me. Because first of all, if he were perfect, he wouldn't want to be married to me.  And secondly, the only people I know who actually DO seem perfect, are the ones that tend to drive me insane.  So perfection is not a very desirable quality around here.

   He is sensitive.  More so than me.  Which is strange, being the female half of this relationship.  But I really think I prefer it that way.  Because his sensitivity is masculine and based on logic.  My sensitivity (if I were to have more of it) would be based upon emotion, and that would just serve to make me crazier than I already am.  And the world doesn't need any more of that.  But what it DOES need, is logical, sensitive, caring and generous people.  And that, my friends, is Randy.


   The funny thing is, he wouldn't say that about himself.  I have always admired that quality in him, but just recently we were driving somewhere in the car, and randomly out of the silence he turned to me and said, "I really need to develop more sensitivity in my life".  I inwardly cringed and thought, "Oh goodness if HE needs to be more sensitive what does that make ME?!"  Because we all know how insensitive I can be at times.  It's not that I try to be.  And I think generally people don't TRY to be insensitive.  They just stumble upon it accidentally because they are too wrapped up in their own little universe, but that does not seem to be a flaw my husband battles.  Or at least it doesn't seem that way to me.


   He is so easy to like.  Easy to get to know,  easy to have fun with, easy to be around, easy to respect, easy to admire, easy to submit to, easy to be attracted to, and easy to love.  He's just an easy person.  And I guess that could sound like a negative thing, but it's just not.  He makes life better.  Easier.


  He's got a lot going for him, you know?  Not many people get to be blessed with good looks AND personality, and so I guess he could let it go to his head, but he never does. He is probably the least prone-to-thinking-highly-of-himself guy I've ever known.  If anything, he sometimes thinks less of himself than he should.  But I guess it does us good to have a little dose of that now and then, right?  Keeps us humble?  I don't know.  I suppose he's just struck a good balance in life of not being too prideful, but at the same time not becoming one of those people that wears humility and self-deprecation like a badge of honor, either.


   I mean, I'm his wife, so it's no surprise that I would love him.  But it makes me so happy that other people love him too.  People that wouldn't have to.  I love the way that he makes friends and shows genuine interest in others and invests in other people's lives.  I love watching other people respect and admire him, and it just makes me respect him all the more, too.


  And as far as the whole fatherhood thing goes.....well we'll just save that epistle for Father's Day. ;)  He has taken to it like a fish to water and I have hardly loved him more than at certain moments watching him love our little ones.


   He can cook.  Very well.  Like, really, really well.  And he can clean the house better than me.  Not just saying that, really actually better than me.  Do I need to even say any more after that??!



I love you, babe.  

  You have added so much to my life, I could never even begin to repay you.  Thank you for choosing me to build your life with.  I am most definitely, the lucky one.

Happy, happy birthday, and I wish you have 100 more.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images