Yet another pumpkin post.

3:24 PM



   Obviously, it's October, and so it is also time for the totally predictable, overdone, annual pumpkin patch post.  I really struggle writing posts like this because part of it (ok a lot of it) feels so nauseatingly repetitive. You can only see so many photos of kids with pumpkins all over Instagram and Facebook before throwing up in your mouth a little bit.  

   But, the truth remains, this isn't just a "blog" for me.  It is a journal documenting the events, activities and milestones of my family, and there are just some things I don't want to miss.  And so, as much as it pains me to subject you all to yet another pumpkin patch post...here we are.



   The girls were terrified of the goats, but warmed up to the idea (sort of) after a little while.  Do any of you have naturally anxious/shy/nervous kids?  Any tips?  I'm pretty much tip-less because I would've never dreamed in a million years that I would have a shy child.  Certainly don't favor their mother in that regard.




  We've had a lot of rain lately and I was afraid we'd totally missed our window for nice weather at the patch.  But Randy not having to work one afternoon (unheard of) and a simply beautiful day lined up for us gloriously in one, miraculous combo, and so we jumped on that bandwagon and RAN.




   Currently nearing picture overload status, but I mean.....how could you not??  After winding down our pumpkin festivities, we stuffed ourselves with burgers and fries and even squeezed in a quick trip to the Goodwill while Randy got a haircut, so we were pretty much all in Heaven a little bit that day.




  Jocelyn looks like she is literally trying to "wipe the smile off her face" and I look like I am...I have no idea, pushing her head closer to me?  Brushing a fly off of her?  We may never know.  But it was the most half-decent one we got, so there we have it.

   If you happened to post about the pumpkin patch too this year, leave a link in the comments!  I should do a link-up sometime, but we're just not feeling that fancy today.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh dear, I'm totally one of those people who make you throw up. :( I just love the pumpkins so much!! Anyways, glad Randy got an afternoon off so you guys could get to the pumpkin patch. You can recreate that photo of the 3 of you girls and have your yearly, traditional photo to take! :)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images