Little Archer update.

3:09 PM

Well, this is awkward.

   Are blogs still a thing?? I never know.  But I guess I never really blogged in the first place because it was "a thing", but because I wanted to. Needed to.  But regardless of whether blogs are in or out, it's awkward because I certainly never intended to disappear for two months, and not tell you when our baby was born.  How rude! Where are my manners?  But that's the thing, it wasn't planned, it just happened.  The baby was born, and I lost myself in that sweet magical cocoon of newborn bliss, and I didn't ever want to come out.

   In retrospect, I should've just planned a break and let you all know, but I tend to forget that this thing has any readers.  And it's not until someone says, "I've been checking for any new posts!"  That I realize that oh, maybe some people actually do read this thing and are wondering if we ever had our baby??!  I am the worst blogger.

   Anyways, the more time that stretched on and on without posting made it feel even MORE awkward, and so I just sort of ignored the whole thing.  Or tried to. And while that precious little arrival definitely contributed to my disappearance around here, lack-of-time isn't even the main culprit.  This time, my absence has been largely due to "pregnancy brain" (don't have a heart attack, I'm NOT pregnant again. Let me finish.) which I've discovered is basically the same thing as "postpartum brain"  It's like living in a foggy marshland where words go to die.  I sit down, I have some quiet in the house for once and a cup of fresh coffee in my hand and nope....no words.  Gone.  Nada. Brain fog.

   So here we are, awkward and all!  Not sure where to start, but hey, we had a baby! Two months ago! So that's a great time to announce his birth, right? Ha.  None of his other announcements have gone as planned, so why should this one be on time?  The one we put on Facebook got deleted somehow, and the announcement at church showed a picture of William instead of him.  So...yeah.  Life with four kids, people.

   On September 13, our family celebrated the long-awaited arrival of another son, ARCHER FLYNN, 8 lbs. 12 oz. Archer means "bowman" and William means "resolute protector or defender" and I love the idea of teaching my boys that they are warriors on a battlefield.  And our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers and rulers of darkness.  Flynn means "son of the red-haired one" and incorporates Randy and I's shared middle name, Lynn (I was named after my Grandpa).


  This little stinker sure took his sweet time.  I was 14 days "overdue" (although I tend to think the whole due-date thing is a myth, but that is another story for another time).  We didn't know what we were having, and so it was such a fun, special surprise to have another boy.  I so wanted a little brother for William! He was born in the water at home, and it was my best birth experience yet.  I hope to share that sweet story someday.  But first! Pictures. These were taken when he was about 3 weeks old.





   He looks just like his daddy.  He is starting to smile and coo and respond and it is so much fun.  We love him dearly and his sisters are fairly crazy about him, but perhaps no one loves him as fiercely as his older brother William.  He makes a beeline for him whenever possible, jabbering deliriously and launching into a full-body-hug or face grabbing.  Don't worry Archer, it's all love, Will just has a funny way of showing it. 


   All four of my babies have used this cradle now, that Randy made when we were pregnant with Jocelyn.  Well I guess technically Archer hasn't really used it yet, since this time around I found a rock-n-play at a garage sale, and so he has been sleeping in that.  Man those things are handy! I never had one with my other babies.  Our babies usually sleep in our room for the first few months (sometimes longer) before moving to their own crib, and so this cradle has been perfect for that.



  The girls, of course, are smitten.   Jocelyn has taken, once again, to her role as secondary mama like a fish to water, and rocks and shushes and fusses and bounces him around as if she was born for such a time as this.  Charlotte shares a special little bond with her brothers already, and doesn't seem to struggle with the jealousy towards them that I felt toward my own younger brother.  So, she's basically an old soul and more mature than me.  Our children teach us so much, don't they?




 I am still a little shocked that we have four kids.  If you would have told me that 3 years after having two girls 18 months apart, we would have two boys 15 months apart, I would have laughed at you.  Having two that close was not easy, and I really didn't think I would ever do something like that again.  But here we are, and it really doesn't seem quite so bad the second time around.  Maybe because things are already crazy so it doesn't make much difference?  In any case,  I already love it with the girls, watching them be each other's best buddy and sharing each other's clothes.  And I know in the same way, I will love it with the boys too.  It makes for some crazy days right now for sure, but I know that these days won't last long.

  Well that's all for now.  And maybe that's all for the next two months?? Who knows! :p  I think at this point in my life it's safe to say that I won't be dependable or consistent in my writing by any means for probably a very long time.  So, there's that. But if you really want a window into the current happenings of our little lives, you will find that over here on Instagram.  That's where I update the most these days.  I hope this finds you doing well in your own little corner of the world! And have a blessed, happy Sunday.

And hopefully a nap.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images