June blues.

10:07 AM

It is now officially June, although the weather I see when I look out my window is gray and foggy and cool and reminds me much more of the romantic, end-of-October, out at the coast weather when Randy proposed, rather than anything that remotely resembles JUNE.

It makes me grouchy. I want to stay under the covers all day and pout. I want to fly to Iowa where my friends are applying suntan lotion and lounging at the pool all day in the heat. I want to be anywhere but here.

But then I remember that my mom CONSTANTLY reminded me while growing up, to be content in whatsoever state I am. (Pun intended:) I am trying Mom, it's just a lot easier with sunshine. :( So on these dreary, rainy days that only Eeyore would love, I:


Put on my cheery rain boots that were a gift from my love.


And use them to splash through puddles on our long walks together.


I pretend I'm at a spa, and not stuck at home in the rain, and I apply a mud mask.


I make baked oatmeal, a favorite.


I make peanut butter cookies, a fattening favorite.

And after all that, amazingly enough, the rainy day flies by and it is soon time for bed. So I suppose there is a sliver of redeeming value to rainy days, but it just gets all the more difficult to find it in June. :(

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Those oatmeal cookies look d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) great job in turning a boring rainy day into a fun day!!! -deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like some cookies! But I am living in a camper with minimal food so...i will just look and drool!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images