Tomorrow is the day.

8:39 PM



We are currently in Iowa for the wedding nuptials of the wonderful Nate King & Janene Schlabach. 

 
I am a bridesmaid. 

I am not feeling well.

I get to wear these gorgeous shoes tomorrow that I have decided to call "death on heels." 

Jocelyn is a flower girl with a tendency to freeze when nervous.  We'll see how that goes.

Charlotte is....well, a baby, and I have yet to figure out how nursing is going to fit into all of this. 

I could positively, absolutely write a book on all that has happened in the past 4 days. 

And that is not necessarily a good thing.

Maybe I will, in 275,832,957,187 days when my life feels back to normal and I can breathe again.

I'm not getting enough sleep, not even close, but neither is Janene, the poor dear.

The wedding is going to be beautiful.

So is the bride.

   And yet, Janene deserves all that I might be going through and so much more.  She has always been there for me, and everyone else, in so many ways. She was my friend at a time when not a lot of other people were. She is selfless, thinking of others before herself and going the extra mile.  She delights in pleasing others, and making sure everyone is taken care of, often at the expense of her own comfort or happiness.
    I am so excited that she has found such a wonderful friend, life partner and companion in Nate.  He is just right for her, and I have watched a part of her just completely come alive and blossom within his attention and love.  God has big plans for them, and I think they are going to have such a beautiful life together.  

Here's to the future, guys.



  • *Cheers*



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh please do write a book...or at the very least, a few blog posts about it. =) Hope youre feeling better soon...my 3 month old and I have been fighting colds/fever the past few days. Not fun, but at least I'm not away from home!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images