Thanks for the tip.

10:20 PM

   One of the reasons I haven't been blogging lately is because for some reason, I am having trouble uploading any photos.  I can't seem to figure out the problem and it discourages me from even trying=avoiding my blog.  Quite frustrating.

   So I guess this would be an opportune time to reply to some of the comments I got on my last post.  First of all, thank you so much for your input!  I enjoyed reading each and every one, and there was just so much wise advice, it is hard to pick out any favorites.

1. Some things I have done (that I need to get back to), are praying for my husbands day as I pack his lunch, & a couple times a week slipping a little something special in, like: chocolate kisses & notes (sometime just scribbled on his napkin).

What a great idea for implementing while making lunches.  I really need to do better at this. 

2.  More than anything, keep yourself in the Word & always praying.

More great advice that I need to implement. 

3.comparison is the thief of joy.." in EVERY stage. I find that i really can decide just to make a decision to be content. Sometimes it happens fast, mostly slow and subtle.
It also helps me so much to look at life in categories... There is a time for wondering and being free; there is a time for commitment and roots, investing in something that is costly but valuable and bigger then you. There is enough time in life to do everything, but i haven't found one stage when it all collides in one glorious symphony of everything i've ever wanted. To have one good thing means sacrificing another. If it's done right, a lot can happen in the whole of life. Just not all at once.

   I need to like, print this on a canvas and mount it on my wall....or like every wall of my house right now.  Seriously.

4.  I just feel like even tho I know there's things I could be doing, he is one day not going to need me, and I'm certainly not going to look back on life and wish I had had a cleaner house, or meals always on time, or everything in perfect order.

So true.  What an encouragement to just cherish the moments and hold them while we can.


5.  I'm learning to let things go too... I really hate to have dishes undone, clothes not folded, etc, in the evenings, but I know how Bryan doesn't like for me to be working all evening, so I tell myself that it's ok. I can do it tomorrow. Just relax. :) Seems like a little thing, but this is coming from the person who used to not be able to go to bed until the whole house was completely in order.

   Wow. This is SO. So. so.  not me.  But, I'm happy to report, I am getting a little bit closer.  Closer to having the mess at least bother me, and make me want to do something about it.  Closer to making a swooping dash through the house, straightening up the worst of it before I go to bed so that I don't wake up overwhelmed.  No where close to this dear reader, but at least getting a little closer

6. You'll have pictures. I'll have stories. Others will have dates in the baby books......Just know that it's tough to go from the euphoria of dating/newlywed to two babies. And it's ok to say so.....Great things are happening in your life. They come disguised as teething babies and frustrating questions and endless laundry.

 Yes, yes, yes.  Thanks for that last word, I will be repeating that to myself often. 

   And I learned all kinds of other helpful things like, working out can negatively affect your milk supply as well as lack of sleep, I'm not the only mom in the world who hasn't recorded every single first even if it feels like I am, tips on laundry, viewing childrearing as a ministry, and lots of other things I'm probably missing.  Anyways.  I just wanted to let you all know I haven't given up on this blog completely or anything, we're just working out a few technological difficulties over here.  Hopefully we'll be back up and running soon.

----





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images