Gearing up for baby.

8:47 PM

   Well, it's a done deal.  I got me a recliner.  That's right, recliner, not glider. Because after MUCH contemplation, online browsing and hair tearing, I realized that my tastes didn't exactly line up with what we hoped to spend.  Actually that's not true.  TWO different gliders pleased both my taste and my wallet, but they were out of stock.  Not happy.  The rest of the gliders that I actually liked the look of, fell into the category of "positively ridiculous" like the Monte Luca (pictured below), which rings up at a whopping $995, and that just seems downright silly to me.

    Plus, the more I looked at modern gliders like this one, the more I started to wonder if they were actually comfortable.  Stylish? Glamorous?  Gorgeous?  Sure.  But comfortable?  I couldn't be sure. And then I sat in a very humble recliner at a furniture store that came to a FRACTION of the cost of a modern glider, and suddenly, I knew.  Knew that I was putting form before function, and letting myself get carried away with a notion of modern glam in my nursery, and it was all getting a bit out of hand.  So we purchased it, and husband and I both are quite pleased with it.:) 

   My mom always told me (rather, complained) that I had expensive tastes.  I disagreed.  I always bought second-hand clothes, drove a cheap\old car, ordered off the value menu and rarely ever splurged.  Even my husband would try hard to convince me to spend more on shoes.  Just let that soak in for a little bit. 

   But I have come to realize, Mom was right.  (You reading this mom?:)  When it comes to all things B-A-B-Y, I have expensive tastes.  Even more so than for myself.  I'm not sure how that all works, but that's just the way it is.  For example, I've never even remotely DESIRED a Coach, Louis Vuitton or D&G bag, but when it comes to diaper bags, I get a little weak in the knees.

   But hey, I figured with the money we saved on getting a much cheaper chair, this diaper bag was technically free!
  
At least that's what I like to tell myself. ;)  I'll let you know if it's as amazing in real life as it is in my dreams.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Good for you on your recliner purchase! Sounds really smart to me - I wish that is what I had in our nursery. As many times as I fell asleep with my head lolling back on a not-so-comfortable wooden rocking chair, I suspect I might have fallen dead asleep in a good recliner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on making a choice and being happy with it! Still would like to see it sometime. Cute diaper bag, I am still searching!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images