Noodle making.

3:17 PM



   Recently a friend of mine from church planned a day to teach a couple of us how to make homemade noodles.  I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical at first....homemade noodle making? With 6 kids running underneath our feet?  But I am so glad i gave it a try. 


 
   Trust me, it was not without its challenges....the dough kept doing funny things on us and the perfect consistency seemed nearly impossible to find.  Too dry, too wet, too stiff, too soft....it seemed there was always a little room for error and a way that it could go wrong.  But we persevered, and we actually managed to make some that turned out pretty well!

Or at least I think so.  I haven't actually tried them yet.


 The children certainly offered ample interruptions as was to be expected, but I'm really glad that even though we all have little ones right now, we still try and attempt to do things together.

   We even tried our hand at a little homemade card making, and a few cards in realized that perhaps card-making and noodle-making was a little ambitious for one day and 6 kids.

You live and learn.



   Unfortunately, mine fell asleep on the way home and it was torture waking them up when we reached home as I did not want their entire night's sleep ruined.  I put them in the bath and Charlotte threw a major fit and Jocelyn just tried to go back to sleep.  IN the bath.

   When they finally WERE down for the night, I still had a full evening ahead of me making tomato juice from tomatoes that needed to be done RIGHT NOW.

But, we survived, and it made for a good day with minimal damages and good memories.


And sometimes, as a mom of little ones, that's about all you can hope for.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Bethany G - Nathan's sis :)October 9, 2014 at 4:42 PM

    I'm de-lurking to say how fun it was to see pics of your day at Nathan and Charissa's. I'm so impressed with Moms who attempt hard things even with little kids.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images